The Perks Of Having A Google My Business Account
Google My Business has many features, GMB allows posts, enlisting services, giving your business a local search boost. It is a free and easy to use tool for all businesses and even organizations, to enlist and manage their online business profiles for free on Google.
The past year has brought a lot of change in the world of business. With the pandemic looming over our heads and the strict lockdowns, the offline market has taken a huge hit.
But that has opened up channels in the online market. This is the best time to have a digital medium for a business. Every prospect customer has succumbed to the comfort of their homes and prefers products and services being delivered to them. Such is the opportunity in the digital world that every business should take advantage of it the best they can.
Now, the key to every successful online business is its reachability. How many customers can your company reach? That’s what all businesses are about. The more people you’re able to reach, the better opportunity you have to sell a product or service.
Another major factor that comes into play is the local intent. According to Search Engine Roundtable reports by Google suggest that nearly 46% of all searches made on its platform have local intent. Meaning, there is a higher chance of an individual looking for something in their local area than elsewhere.
Coming back to the digital world, your reachability specifically depends on how easy it is to search for you. And there is no better medium for search than Google Search. The higher you rank in your category of services and products, the better your chance to attract customers.
So, it’s clear that Google Search plays a vital role in presenting your business. Getting higher on the search engine results is not always a straightforward process. But there is a tool that can help you further: Google My Business. Having a Google My Business account makes it easy for you. It’s the perfect tool that enables you to deal with the online reputation management of your business. Let’s learn more about the Google My Business account or GMB account and understand how it helps your business.
What is Google My Business?
GMB is an online service developed by Google to manage the online presence of your business. It also helps the user navigate your business in Google Search and Google Maps. Your business gets verified by Google, and the GMB allows you to share your store with everyone. It is also a place where your customers give you reviews which will enhance your credibility.
Types Of Visibility
There are three types of high-ranking visibility options on the Google Search Engine results. The first listing is reserved for Google Adwords – a form of advertising for businesses to bid on certain keywords for their clickable ads to appear in Google’s search results. As is well explained by Wordstream on their blog page.
The second range of business listings on Google is the Local 3-Pack. It is a list of the top three highly-ranked companies in the business directory. The third series of listings are organic results.
Perks Of GMB
GMB helps increase the visibility of the business in the Local 3-Pack. Let’s discuss the various features you can use to manage your business’s online profile.
- Manage Your Information: A Google Listing gives you opportunity to place your business information online, to appear in Google Maps and Local Pack Listing. You can edit the business description and present it in a way that’s most appealing to potential customers.
- Local SEO Boost: Your Google Profile helps increase the visibility of your business in the local market, enabling it for Local Search.
- Review Management: With GMB, you will be able to manage and respond to business reviews about your organization at the click of a button. That helps you interact with the customers and promote the business directly.
- Engagement Opportunities: GMB also lets you to actively engage with the customers via Google posts and messages.
- User Insights: They say that you can drive your business to success with the right tools and strategy. With GMB, you get the right insights that help you change the way you present your product.
- Expand Presence: With all the tools provided by GMB and a defined SEO strategy, a business can refine its presence and increase its online visibility drastically.
- Free Of Cost: It is a free tool for businesses and organizations likewise to manage & update their online presence across Google.
As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to make sure that your business has the right channels to increase its visibility. Be it small businesses or large corporations; it is highly commendable to enlist and own a Google My Business account.
GMB allows your marketing team to develop the most effective online marketing strategies. With the information your target audience derives upon their search from your Google profile, you have the opportunity to become the leading products or services provider in your locality.